The ANC’s Life Skills Program provides eligible immigrants with in-depth, North American-based life skills orientations. Topics include:
- Living in an apartment building (e.g., garbage disposal, recycling, elevators, safety, use of common areas, etc.)
- Using appliances in a safe and appropriate manner
- Personal hygiene
- Using domestic and personal cleaning products
- Canadian plumbing system and use
- Canadian heating system and use
- Products, packaging, and simple food preparation
- Canadian cultural orientation/cultural norms in public spaces
Orientations are tailored according to participant needs.
A detailed Life Skills Handbook is available in English, French, Arabic, Swahili, Tigrinya, Nepali, and Kirundi (links).