Job Title: Clinical Services Coordinator
Location: St. John’s, NL
Position Type: 1 full-time position till March 31, 2024 with possibility of extension pending budget availability and satisfactory performance
Reporting to the Manager of Settlement Service, the Clinical Services Coordinator is responsible for the development and support of the clinical services team and provision clinical services to ANC clients. This currently includes My Journey of Hope art-based mental health program for youth, and ANConnect brief mental health counselling service. The Coordinator Clinical Services will develop the clinical services team, provide guidance and support to team members; complete all planning to ensure effective delivery of clinical services, and develop internal cross-departmental collaboration.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the delivery of clinical service to ANC clients.
- Develop a strong team to deliver clinical service to ANC clients.
- Provision of positive leadership to clinical services team members.
- Onboarding of new team members.
- Ensure team members have clear direction and understanding of expectations and responsibilities. • Provide positive/constructive feedback and mentorship to team members.
- Support staff in addressing challenges in program delivery.
- Ensure compliance with all ANC policies and reporting requirements.
- Monitor team caseload to ensure optimal distribution of clients and associated schools.
- Ensure staff remain within their scope of practice and clinical services parameters.
- Monitor team member attendance, vacation and leave time including the timely submission and authorization of biweekly time sheets.
- Ensure all appropriate referrals are made in addressing client needs such as Settlement, Social Work and any external service providers.
- Work with AMC Management to evaluate and predict clinical services human and financial resource requirements.
- Work with ANC Management to develop new programs in response to changing community and client needs.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community partners
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field.
- In good standing with the appropriate professional licensing body.
- 2 years of experience at a healthcare facility in a clinical coordinator role.
- Innovative thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational, administrative, and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and IT skills.
- Passionate about clinical excellence.
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset.
Conditions of Employment
- Legal authorization to work in Canada
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Flexible to work outside of standard core hours (Monday-Friday, 9am -5pm)
- Position is subject to a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check from the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary.
How to Apply
Please upload your cover letter and resume as one PDF or MS Word document to https://associationfornewcanadians.bamboohr.com/careers/60
Association for New Canadians values inclusiveness and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to applicants who are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada or those who are legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit associationfornewcanadians.bamboohr.com.