Job Title: Business Diversity Officer
Location: Corner Brook, NL
Position Type: 1 full-time position
Reporting to the Diversity Coordinator, the Business Diversity Officer will be responsible for training and outreach activities related to diversity, cultural intelligence and immigrant integration throughout the province. This position will build and strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders to advance the mandate of the Diversity and Public Education division.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Presentations and Workshops – Prepare and deliver presentations and workshops to businesses, government departments, post-secondary institutions and community groups as per their determined needs and requirements
- Partnership Building & Outreach – Promote the Diversity Initiative, AIP Program, and other ANC programs and services by building connections and establishing new partnerships with business and community entities
- Administration – Prepare and submit monthly updates, call sheets, and summary reports. Participate in staff/team meetings
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Business preferred) with relevant experience (1-3 years) or a combination of equivalent experience and education
- Knowledge of, and interest in promoting, cultural diversity, anti-racism, workplace inclusion, and newcomer integration
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Working knowledge of web-based and online programs such as Google WorkSpace, Zoom, etc.
- Strong organization, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively engage and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external
Conditions of Employment
- Must have legal status to work in Canada
- Ability to travel is required
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Flexible to work outside of standard core hours (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm)
- Satisfactory Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check from the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary or RCMP
How to Apply
Please upload a cover letter and resume as one PDF or MS Word document to https://associationfornewcanadians.bamboohr.com/careers/122
Association for New Canadians values inclusiveness and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to applicants who are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada or those who are legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit associationfornewcanadians.bamboohr.com.