Association for New Canadians is a non-profit, community-based organization dedicated to the provision of settlement and integration services for immigrants and refugees.
Job Title: Project Lead (SEA)
Location: St. John’s, NL
Position Type: 1 full-time position until March 31, 2024
Closing Date: April 5, 2022
The Association for New Canadians is launching a new initiative, Support, Empower, Access (SEA). Directly reporting to the Manager of Settlement Special Projects, the Project Lead will develop and implement programming and supports for immigrant and migrant survivors of sexual and labour trafficking living in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Conduct environmental scan and grey literature review
- Establish and support an advisory committee composed of immigrant and migrant women to guide project design and implementation
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and those with lived experience
- Develop and deliver information materials, including templates, via presentations and workshops
- Develop and deliver individual and group programming
- Facilitate peer leadership
- Supervise and mentor project assistant
- Collaborate with partners to develop enhanced awareness to meaningful services for newcomer survivors
- Dialogue with survivors, individually and in groups, as part of the supportive empowering program
- Employ project management methodology; including maintained set project timelines
- Liaise with external evaluator to support ongoing evaluation
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters Degree in Social Sciences with in-depth knowledge related to gender inequality and gender-based violence
- Knowledge of trauma and resilience informed service provision
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity working with a diverse client group
- Experience working with at-risk populations specifically who are survivors of human trafficking is considered to be a strength
- Demonstrated ability to manage project plans and schedules
- Ability to collaborate with provincial and community partners
- Strong skills in building relationships
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Second language is an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Flexible to work outside of standard core hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- Satisfactory Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check from the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary
How to Apply
- Please email a cover letter and resume as one PDF or MS Word document to email@example.com.
- Association for New Canadians values inclusiveness and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to applicants who are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada or those who are legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.