The Association for New Canadians is looking for newcomers with lived experience in sex and labour trafficking/exploitation to join the Support Empowerment Access (SEA) Project Advisory Committee.
SEA is a holistic and collaborative initiative to support immigrants and migrants in Newfoundland and Labrador impacted by or at risk of human trafficking.
Who is it for?
- Individuals over the age of 18 born outside of Canada living in Newfoundland and Labrador (including those in rural and remote areas of Labrador)
- Newcomers, regardless of immigration status (including temporary residents, long-term/former newcomers, and new Canadian Citizens)
Why should you participate?
- Great opportunity to discuss shared experiences in a confidential and non-judgmental space
- Network with an incredible team of newcomers and local and national service providers working on anti-human trafficking issues
- Learn about anti-human trafficking services and resources
- Share your valuable experience and knowledge to help us ensure newcomers’ perspectives always inform the development and implementation of the SEA Project
- Help us end human trafficking
For more information or to express your interest in the advisory committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 709-697-4566