Nominations are open for the 2020 Diversity Awards. Let us know who you think should win — send your nomination in now!
The only awards of their kind in Newfoundland and Labrador, the ANC’s Diversity Awards acknowledge and celebrate the important contributions of individuals and organizations who embrace diversity in the province.
- ANC 40th Anniversary Cultural Educator of the Year Award (new this year!) – Awarded for inspirational and innovative teaching methods aimed at increasing multicultural knowledge within the education system in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Bridget Foster Cultural Business Icon Award – Sponsored by RBC – Awarded for excellence in entrepreneurship and representing cultural diversity in a business start-up
- Diversity Leadership Award – Sponsored by McInnes Cooper – Awarded for leadership in diversity management in the workplace
- Community Hero Award – Sponsored by St. John’s Board of Trade – Awarded for fostering a humanitarian spirit in welcoming newcomers in an NL community with courage, generosity, and/or advocacy
- Hospitality NL International Ambassador Award – Awarded in partnership with Hospitality NL to a member who excels in providing culturally inclusive service to newcomers and visitors to Newfoundland and Labrador
You can either download and submit the nomination form in Word format or send an e-mail to the Diversity Awards (firstname.lastname@example.org) giving your name, the name of the person you are nominating, the award you are nominating them for, and 200-400 words as to why your nominee deserves to win an award.
Deadline for submitting nominations is Friday, March 13, 2020.
Questions? For the Indigenous Advocate Award, contact Justin Campbell, Coalition Coordinator at First Light. For all other awards, contact Meaghan Philpott, Diversity and Public Education Manager at the Association for New Canadians.