The COVID-19 virus is everyone’s concern. We want clients, staff, and the public to stay healthy. Here is what we are doing.
ESL classes in both St. John’s and Corner Brook are closed for students.
All group activities at the ANC are cancelled:
1. Conversation Circles
2. Mommy and Pals
3. Healthy Baby Club
4. Youth Group
5. Women’s Group
6. Men’s Group
7. Empowerment Group
8. Citizenship Classes
ANC-sponsored Multicultural Week events across the province are cancelled.
All residents in the province are asked to take precautions. Here are some basic steps to follow:
1. If you have a fever, a dry cough, feel tired, or have muscle pains, report your symptoms to the Health Line (dial 811).
2. If you feel ill or have the above symptoms, do not come to the ANC or go outside. If you need to speak to your settlement officer, call the main office (722-9680) if in St. John’s, or the settlement offices at the numbers below.
3. If you need interpretation or other help to call the Health Line, call your settlement worker or the ANC Emergency line.
4. If you have travelled outside the country, you must self-isolate for two weeks before going outside – you cannot visit any ANC office, supermarkets, shopping centers, government offices, etc. This is to ensure you and others are protected from getting sick.
5. If you self-isolate, you must limit your contact with people – especially young children, older people, and those with chronic illnesses (especially respiratory issues).
6. Even if you do not have any of the noted symptoms, please wash or sanitize your hands when you arrive at the ANC. Use soap and water to wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds. Hand sanitizers are available in key areas in all ANC offices
We are happy to help you by phone – call the main office (722-9680), children and youth office (722-2828) or the ESL School (726-6848). In the satellite offices, please contact the following numbers:
Corner Brook (709) 634-2656
Grand Falls-Windsor (709) 489-0235
Happy Valley-Goose Bay (709) 896-3427
Labrador Straits (709) 931-2887
Labrador West (709) 944-7775
The links below will provide you with information on the latest government announcements.
You will find current information from the NL Department of Public Health here: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/
You will find current Government of Canada information, including disease symptoms and treatment, preventative measures, travel advice, and updates on the current situation here: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
The situation is updating on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis. We will do our best to keep you informed.