The ANC offers settlement supports to Permanent Residents throughout Newfoundland and Labrador. We assist immigrants in identifying settlement goals and provide assistance with accessing and/or understanding various aspects of Canadian life, such as:
• Personal health and the Canadian health care system
• Community supports and programs
• Federal and Provincial services and programs
• Family life in Canada
• Banking and budgeting
• Laws, rights, and responsibilities in Canada
• Canadian school system
• Mental health and addiction services
• Navigating public transit routes
In addition, eligible immigrants can access:
The ANC provides settlement outreach supports across Newfoundland and Labrador. If you or someone you know requires assistance with settling in the province as a Permanent Resident, please contact
• Phone: (709) 722-9680
• Fax: (709) 754-4407
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ANC also has Satellite Offices in Corner Brook, Labrador City, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, and Grand Falls-Windsor.
Immigrants and other stakeholders can access an array of supports, including general settlement/orientation supports (e.g., Needs Assessments, Settlement Planning, Community Bridging and Connections, etc.), as well as referrals to internal and external programs designed to support immigrant integration.
Services are also available to help support:
• Co-sponsor groups and their private sponsorship efforts to bring refugees to the province, including assistance during the one-year settlement period
• Designated employers and endorsed employees under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot (AIP)
For more information, please check out our information sheets on services available in Corner Brook, Labrador City, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, and Grand Falls-Windsor (links).
You can also contact our Satellite Offices at:
Happy Valley-Goose Bay