The Community Connections Program engages citizens, immigrants and refugees to create meaningful community connections in Newfoundland and Labrador. The Program assists immigrants adapt to life in Canada by matching them with local volunteers who provide assistance with learning English, establishing social connections, and integrating into their new community.
Volunteers support many ANC programs, including:
- Newcomer Match Program
- Academic Tutor Program
- Fresh Start Breakfast program at ESL Learning Centre
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Volunteer Tutor Program
- After-School Program
- ESL Conversation Circle Program
- Women’s/Men’s/Youth/Young Adult/Senior’s/Stay-at-Home Mothers’ Groups
- Special Events/Activities
There are many ways that an individual can become involved with the Association for New Canadians as a volunteer. Please browse through the volunteer information to learn more about the various volunteer opportunities and how to become a volunteer.
Already volunteering with the ANC? Please feel free to check out a list of volunteer resources.
For more information, please contact:
- Phone: (709) 722-9680
- Fax: (709) 726-5286
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org