The Association for New Canadians (ANC) is a non-profit, community-based organization delivering settlement and integration services to immigrants and refugees in Newfoundland and Labrador. For 40 years, the Association has delivered programs and services that support all aspects of immigrant integration, ranging from settlement information and orientation to language learning, skills development and employment.
Highlights of programs/services offered:
- Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP)
- Settlement, Orientation, and Integration Services
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Training Program (Language Instruction for Immigrants to Canada)
- Children and Youth Supports (including the Settlement Workers in the Schools [SWIS] Program)
- AXIS (Acquiring Experience; Integrating Skills) Career and Employment Services
- Language for Work Program (Education and Support for Employment)
- Settlement Outreach/Distance Supports
- Volunteer/Community Connections Program
- Translation/Interpretation Services (in over 60 languages)
- Specialized Programming for Women/Men/Children/Youth/Young Adults/Seniors/Stay-at-Home Mothers
- Diversity Training/Public Education
- Designated Service Provider for the Atlantic Immigration Pilot (AIP)
- Designated Sponsorship Agreement Holder (Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program)
The mission of the Association for New Canadians is to settle and integrate immigrants, and to empower them with the skills, knowledge and information necessary to become independent, contributing members of the community and country.
The Province of Newfoundland and Labrador is a welcoming community where immigrants can easily integrate into the social and economic fabric, where their contributions are recognized by the greater population and where they feel comfortable settling for an extended period.
As an organization, the ANC values inclusiveness, respect for others, dignity, integrity, empowerment, independence, and equality. The organization holds itself accountable to its clients, funders, and employees by honouring its commitments, striving for the highest quality of service and fostering community awareness on the benefits of immigration, multiculturalism and cultural diversity.